UpTech Hiring Manager
Vision 2015 -
07/18/2012 - Job Description
POSITION: UpTech Manager – ezone, Independent Contractor
TO: Vice-President, Entrepreneurship / Director, NKY ICC - ezone
WITH: Primarily with UpTech Companies, Development Team and Advisory Committee
Members, and Community Business Representatives
Responsible for assisting the VP-Entrepreneurship in coordinating logistical and
communication functions related to the operation of the UpTech Business
• Coordinate day-to-day program activities
of the UpTech companies during their time in the business accelerator program to
include such things as scheduled UpTech programs, common meeting room schedules,
facilities services maintained, supplies replenished, etc.
• Resolve, or
escalate as appropriate, questions and troubleshoot problems, that may arise
onsite at the UpTech office suite
• Assist in the development and
implementation of tasks required for the successful operation of the UpTech
• Coordinate with and support the Community Support Network teams
and the Mentors in relation to their work with the individual UpTech companies
• Coordinate the resolution of issues that may arise in relation to program
agreements, such as the operating agreement with NKU, leases for space, and so
• Serve as a liaison with marketing and communication agent(s), as well
as other support organizations, to ensure successful public representation,
presentation, managing and maintaining social media and website operations
• Assist and coordinate with the Vice President, Entrepreneurship and UpTech
Fund manager with administrative activities and support as directed.
• Assist the Vice President, Entrepreneurship and Assistant Director, ezone
in tracking the individual companies’ performance in meeting agreed upon
benchmarks and deadlines
• Coordinate scheduling of classes and social
events and attend as many as possible
• Coordinate scheduling, agenda
preparation, note taking, and follow-up of meetings of the Advisory Committee
and the development team
• Complete reports other tasks as assigned by the
Vice President, Entrepreneurship
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors degree required, and Masters degree helpful, in business,
finance or related field with a concentration in economic development,
entrepreneurship, or finance and knowledge of small businesses; supplemented by
experience with economic development, start ups, government programs; or any
combination of training and experience which meets the desired knowledge, skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Independent judgment is required to
plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
• Understanding of what
is necessary to support technology based small businesses and start ups.
• Must have strong ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to
both internal and external audiences.
• Must have strong knowledge of a
variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets,
database and presentation software.
• Must have high level of interpersonal
skills to handle sensitive and confidential information. Position continually
requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Work requires attention
to detail in research and creation of reports and materials as well as
establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
• Ability to organize and
maintain multiple task lists and work plans.
• Must be able to work in a
fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize
multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as
• Must be a self starter and willing to lead by example within
• Must be tolerant and flexible in diverse situations and able to
manage stressful situations in a calm manner.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
• This position requires occasional travel and frequent off site work; valid
driver’s license and insurance required. Irregular hours may be required of this
COMPENSATION CLASS: Contract position with an anticipated term
of 7/1/12 – 6/30/13
COMPENSATION RANGE: To be negotiated